Fellow, National Academy of Sciences, Allahabad
Fellow, Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi
Fellow, National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, New Delhi
J. C. Bose National Fellow
Co-Principal Scientist PESTO NASA Space Biology Program NASA
NASA/NRC Senior Fellow, Kennedy Space Center, Fl 32899 April, 1993
Humboldt Foundation Fellowship, Germany, 1991
Rockefeller Foundation Biotechnology Award, 1990
Editorial Board Member: Journal of Horticulture, Environment and Biotechnology
Recipient of Samant Chandra Shekhar Award in Science, 2001
Recipient of Gold medal for outstanding contribution to science by Srivastav Foundation, Lucknow, 2012
Recipient of P. Parija Samman, 2013
Name appears in Who’s Who in the World and Who’s Who in Asia
Visiting Scientist: DFG Visiting Scientist Freiderich Schiller Universitat, Jena, Germany, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2013
Visiting Scientist, Institut für Pflanzgenetik und
Visiting Scientist, Institute of Biophysics, CNR, Genova, Italy, 2002,
Institute of Low temperature sciences, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan, October, 2009, 2010
US PATENT: US2009/0291476 A1 Publication date: November 26, 2009: Resistance of plants
to Biotic and abiotic stresses by overexpression of protochlorophyllideoxidoreductase C and its
Inventor: Baishnab C. Tripathy, New Delhi,
Assignees: Department of Biotechnology, New Delhi &
Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
Application No. 12/377559
PCT filed: July 24, 2007
PCT No. PCT/IN07/00308
Degrees: PhD (Photobiology & Plant Physiology) 1981 Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
Experience: Professor, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India, 2001-present
Associate professor, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India 1994-2001
Assistant Professor, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India 1987-1994
Postdoctoral Fellow Department of Horticulture, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois, 1984-1987
Postdoctoral Fellow, Departments of Physiological Chemistry and
Biochemistry, Ohio State Universuty, Columbus, Ohio 1981-1983
Lecturer in Botany, Parlakhemundi and Khallikote Govt. College, Orissa 1980- 1981
PhD student, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 1976-1980
Research Fellow Central Rice Research Institute, Cuttack, 1974-1976
Research interests: a. Organisation and assembly of chloroplast membrane proteins during greening.
b. Chloroplast biogenesis: Molecular Biology and Biochemistry of Chlorophyll biosynthesis and the greening process
c. Intra-cellular trafficking-Protein transport into chloroplasts .
d. Development of Photodynamic herbicides, the study of their mode
of action, Generation of transgenic crop plants resistant to herbicides and characterization of herbicide binding proteins.
e. Responses of plants grown under various light quality.
f. Growth and developments of plants grown at zero gravity
g. Signal transduction and its transport from root to shoot.
h. Growth, Photosynthetic and developmental responses of plants to
environmental abiotic stresses, Generation of transgenic plants resistant to abiotic stress.
Membership of Professional Societies: a. American Society of Plant Biologists
b. Indian Society of weed science
d. Indian Photobiology Society
e. Indian Society of Cell Biology
f. Indian Society for Plant Physiology
g. Society for Plant Physiology and Biochemistry
h. Indian Society of Biological Chemists
i. Society for Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants
j. Society for Plant Biochemistry & Plant Biotechnology
Organization of National or International Conferences: 1. Convenor, National Symposium on Photobiology and Plant Productivity, JNU, New Delhi 1998.
2. Convenor, National Symposium on Ageing, JNU, New Delhi. 2000.
3. Organizer, Satellite Conference of International Congress on Photosynthesis, INSA, New Delhi, 2001.
4. Convenor, International Conference on Trends in Cellular and Molecular Biology, JNU, New Delhi, 2004
5. Member, organizing committee of International symposium on Chloroplast Bioengineering, Urbana, Illinois, USA, 2005
6. Convenor, International Conference on Trends in Cellular and Molecular Biology, JNU, New Delhi, 2008
Member of Academic Bodies of Universities, Institutions. Serving as a Member, Academic Council, JNU, New Delhi
Served as a Member, Board of Studies, Jamia Hamdard University
Serving as a Member, Board of Studies, MDU, Rohtak
Served as a Member, Board of Studies, National Institute of Plant Genome Research, New Delhi
Serving as a Member, Board of Studies, National Botanical Research Institute, Lucknow
Serving as a Member, Board of Studies, Central Institute of Aromatic Plants, Lucknow
Projects Executed Administered several projects funded by DBT, DST, CSIR, NAIP and NASA, USA. Presently, I have
two research projects from DBT, one project from DST on several areas of photosynthesis. The project
from NAIP is a world bank funded project that deals with transformation of C3 plants to C4.
Invited Speaker in International Conferences: I was invited as a speaker in several International conferences. To name a few:
1. American Chemical Society, Chicago, 1993. 4
2. American Society of plant physiologists, Portland, Oregon, USA,1994.
3. American society of gravitational and space biologists, Washington, USA, 1994.
4. International conference on photosynthesis, Montpellier, France, 1995.
5. American Chemical Society, Orlando, 2002.
6. International conference on chloroplast bioengineering, USA, 2005
7. International conference on plant tetrapyrroles and photoreceptors, Kyoto, Japan, 2007
8. International conference on plant tetrapyrroles and photoreceptors, Asilomar, Montrey, California, USA, 2009.
9. Internatonal Photosynthesis Congress, Beijing, 2010
10. Internatinal conference on C4 photosynthesis, Sanghai, 2010
11. Intrenational Conference on terapyrrole photo receptors of photosynthetic organisms, Berlin, 2011
12. International Congress on Photosynthesis, St. Louis, USA, 2013
Names of Students Awarded/submitted PhD 1. Niranjan Chakraborty, 1992
2. Arshad Jilani, 1993
3. Pinki Hukmani, 1995
4. Illora Gupta, 1996
5. M. S. Manohara 1997
6. A. K. Tewari, 1998
7. Suchi Sood, 2001
8. Varsha Gupta, 2003
9. Sasmita Mohanty, 2004
10. Kiran Bala, 2006
11. Gopal Pattanayak, 2006
12. Siddhartha Dutta, 2008
13. Ansuman Roy, 2009
14. Satpal, 2010
15. Naveen Chandra Joshi, 2010
16. Rajnish Singhal, 2010
17. Shiv Shanker Pandey: 2012
18. Vijay Dalal: 2012
19. Namrata Kharbas, 2013
20. Vivek Ambastha, 2014
Administrative and other Experience
Worked as Vice-Chancellor, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack, Odisha from November 25, 2011- November 24, 2014.
As a Vice-Chancellor of newly developed state University, I was instrumental in bringing this University to a frontline University in Odisha based on curricular revisión, introduction of choice based credit system, construction of laboratorios, class rooms, hostels for boys and girls, convention center, auditórium, indoor stadium for sports etc.
Other Administrative experiences 1. Served as Acting Dean of School of Life Sciences, several times
2. Served as warden and Senior Warden in Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi for several years and Chairman Technical committee of JNU 2001-2011.
3. Member purchase committee of Jawaharlal Nehru University
4. Chairman of admission committee of JNU (school of life science)
5. Served as members of selection committee for professors and scientists in several Universities and Institutes.
6. Chief Principal Investigator of world bank-funded project on "Towards development of C4 Rice".
7. Served as a member of selection committee for Fellows of Indian National Science Academy in Plant Sciences.
8. Served in several selection committees for recruitment of administrative staff.
9. Member of Academic Councils and Board of studies of several Universities and National Institutes.
10. Conducted several courses on Life Sciences in the Academic Staff College, JNU, New Delhi.
Philanthropic and other activities: President, Kalinga Sikhya Samaj, Delhi devoted to spreading of value-based education among masses. 6
01. Tripathy, B.C. and Murthy, K.S. (1976) Glycine decarboxylation by excised leaf tissues of rice. Indian J. Exp. Biol. 14: 714-716.
02. Tripathy, B.C. and Mohanty, P. (1980) Zinc inhibition of electron transport in isolated chloroplasts. Plant Physiol. 66: 1174-1179.
03. Tripathy, B.C. and Mohanty, P. (1981) Stabilization by glutaraldehyde fixation of chloroplast membrane structure and function against heavy metal ion induced damage. Plant Science Letters 22: 253-261.
04. Tripathy, B.C., Bhatia, B. and Mohanty, P. (1981) Inactivation of chloroplast photosynthetic electron transport activity by Ni2+. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 638: 217-224.
05. Tripathy, B.C. and Mohanty, P. (1981) Inhibition of electron transport in isolated chloroplasts by zinc ions. In Photosynthesis II. Electron Transport and Photophosphorylation (G. Akoyunoglou Ed.) Balban International Services, Philadelphia 65-73.
06. Tripathy, B.C., Subbalakshmi, B. and Mohanty, P. (1982) Problems and Possibilities in controlling oxygen inhibition of photosynthesis. Proc. Indian National Academy of Sciences B48: 271-305.
07. Bharadwaj, R., Burkey, K.O., Tripathy, B.C. and Gross, E.L. (1982) The effect of trypsin treatment of photosystem I particles on the electron donation to P700. Plant Physiol. 70: 424-429.
08. Tripathy, B.C., Bhatia, B. and Mohanty, P. (1983) Cobalt ions inhibit electron transport activity of Photosystem II without affecting Photosystem I. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 722: 88-93.
09. Tripathy, B.C., Bhatia, B. and Mohanty, P. (1984) Differential interaction of heavy metal ions on the barley subchloroplast fragments. National Academy Science Letters 7: 355-359.
10. Tripathy, B.C., Dreheim, J.E., Anderson, G.P. and Gross, E.L. (1984) Variable fluorescence of Photosystem I particles and its application in the study of the structure and function of Photosystem I. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 235: 449-460.
11. Gross, E.L., Dreheim, J.E., Pan, R.L., Tripathy, B.C. and Anderson, G.P. (1984) Conformational changes in spinach plastocyanin. In Advances in Photosynthesis Research (C. Sybesma Ed.) W. Junk Publishers 1: 537-540.
12. Rieske, J.S., Ramesh, V. and Tripathy, B.C. (1984) Respiratory inhibitors as modulators and probes of structure and function of coenzyme Q. Munich (Folkers and Yamamura Ed.) Elsvier Scientific Publication 4: 99-180. 7
13. Tripathy, B.C. and Rieske, J.S. (1985) Antimycin resistant alternate electron pathway to plastocyanin in complex III of beef heart mitochondria. J. Bioenergetics and Biomembranes 17: 141-150.
14. Tripathy, B.C. and Rebeiz, C.A. (1985) Chloroplast Biogenesis : Quantitative determination of monovinyl and divinyl Mg-Protoporphyrins and protochlorophyllides by spectrofluorometry. Analytical Biochemistry 149: 43-61.
15. Carey, E., Tripathy, B.C. and Rebeiz, C.A. (1985) Chloroplast Biogenesis 50: Modulation of monovinyl and divinyl protochlorophyllide biosynthesis by light and darkness in vitro. Plant Physiol. 79: 1059-1063.
16. Tripathy, B.C. and Rebeiz, C.A. (1986) Chloroplast Biogenesis : Demonstration of monovinyl and divinyl monocarboxylic routes of chlorophyll biosynthesis in higher plants. J. Biol. Chem. 261: 13556-13564.
17. Rebeiz, C.A., Tripathy, B.C., Wu S-M, Montazer-Zouhoor, A. and Carey, E.E. (1986) Chloroplast biogenesis 52: Demonstration in toto of monovinyl and divinyl monocarboxylic chlorophyll biosynthetic routes in higher plants. In Regulation of chloroplast differentiation (G.A. Koyunoglou et al. ed) Alan R. Liss Inc. pp.13-24.
18. Tripathy, B.C. and Rebeiz, C.A. (1987) Non equivalence of glutamic and 5-aminolevilinic acids as substrates for protochlorophyllide and chlorophyll biosynthesis in darkness. In Progress in Photosynthesis Research (J. Biggins Ed.) Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, The Netherlands, 4: 8437-8443.
19. Rebeiz, C.A., Montazer-Zouhoor, A., Mayasich, J.M., Tripathy, B.C., Wu, S-M and Rebeiz, C.C. (1987) Photodynamic herbicides, chlorophyll biosynthesis modulators. In R. Heitz, K.R. Downum eds. Light activated pesticides, American Chemical Society Symposium, Series No.339, American Chemical Society Washington, D.C. pp.195-328.
20. Rebeiz, C.A., Montazer-Zouhoor, A., Mayasich, J.M., Tripathy, B.C. Wu, S-M, Rebeiz, C.C. (1988) Photodynamic herbicides, recent developments and molecular basis of selectivity. CRC Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences 6: 385-436.
21. Rebeiz, C.A., Tripathy, B.C. and Mayasich, J.M. (1988) Chloroplast Biogenesis 61: Kinetic analysis of precursor-product relationships in complex biosynthetic pathways. J. Theoretical Biol. 133: 319-326.
22. Tripathy, B.C. and Rebeiz, C.A. (1988) Chloroplast Biogenesis 60: conversion of divinyl protochlorophyllide to monovinyl protochlorophyllide in greening barley, a dark monovinyl/light divinyl plant species. Plant Physiol. 87: 89-94.
23. Tripathy, B. C. (1989) The chlorophyll biosynthetic routes in angiosperms. In Trends in Photosynthesis Research (U. C. Biswal and G. Briton eds.) Agro Botanical Publishers, Bikaner pp 93-100. 8
24. Chakraborty, N. and Tripathy, B.C. (1990) Expression of 5- amino levulinic acid induced photodynamic damage to the thylakoid membranes in dark sensitized by brief preillumination. J. Biosci. 15: 199-204.
25. Sabat, S.C., Vijayavergiya, V., Tripathy, B.C. and Mohanty, P. (1991) Inhibitory effect of crown compounds on photoelectron transport activity of beet spinach thylakoid membranes. Z.Naturforsch. 46C: 87-92.
26. Tripathy, B.C. and Chakraborty, N. (1991) 5-Aminolevulinic acid induced photodynamic damage of the photosynthetic electron transport chain of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L) Cotyledons. Plant Physiol. 96: 761-767.
27. Chakraborty, N. and Tripathy, B.C. (1992) Involvement of singlet oxygen in photodynamic damage of isolated chloroplasts of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) cotyledons. Plant Physiol. 98: 7-11.
28. Chakraborty, N. and Tripathy, B.C. (1992) 5-aminolevulinic acid-induced photodynamic reactions in thylakoid membranes of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) cotyledons. J Plant Biochem Biotech 1: 65-68.
29. Hukmani, P. and Tripathy, B.C. (1992) Chlorophyll biosynthesis : spectrofluorometric estimation of protoporphyrinIX, mg-protoporphyrin and protochlorophyllide. In Regulation of chloroplast Biogenesis (J.H. Argyroudi-Akoyunoglou ed.) Plenum Press pp 251-256.
30. Hukmani, P. and Tripathy, B. C. (1992) Spectrofluotrometri estimation of intermediates of chlorophyll biosynthesis: Protoporphyrin IX, Mg-Protoporphyrin and Protochlorophyllide. Anal. Biochem 205: 251-256.
31. Tripathy, B. C. (1993) 5-Aminolevulinic acid-induced photodynamic damage to cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) plants mediated by singlet oxygen In Porphyric Pesticides: Chemistry, Toxicology and Pharmaceutical Applications (S. O. Duke and C. A. Rebeiz, eds.) American Chemical Society, Washington D. C. pp 65-80.
32. Hukmani, P. and Tripathy, B. C. (1994) Chlorophyll biosynthetic reactions during senescence of excised barley (Hordeum vulgare L. cv IB 65) leaves. Plant Physiol. 105: 1295-1300.
33. Tripathy, B. C. and Brown, C. S. (1995) Root-shoot interaction in the greening of wheat seedlings grown under red light. Plant Physiol. 107: 407-411.
34. Tripathy, B. C. (1995) Phototegulation of chlorophyll and carotenoid biosynthesis during plant development. In Photosynthesis: from light and biosphere vol. 3 (P. Mathis ed.) Kluwer Press, pp 911-916.
35. Tripathy, B. C., Brown, C. S., Levine, H. and Kirkorian A. D. (1996) Growth and photosynthetic responses of wheat plants grown in space. Plant Physiol 110: 801- 806. 9
36. Jilani, A., Kar, S., Bose, S. and Tripathy, B. C. (1996) Regulation of the carotenoid content and chloroplast development by levulinic acid. Physiol. Plant. 96: 139-145. 37. Brown, C. S., Tripathy, B. C. and Stutee, G. (1997) Photosynthesis and carbohydrate metabolism in microgravity. In Plants in Space Biology. Institute of Genetic Ecology, Tohuku University, Japan pp 127-134.
38. Hukmani, P. and Tripathy, B. C. (1997) Chlorophyll biosynthesis during senescence of barley leaves. In Molecular biology of development and ageing (M. S. Kanungo ed.). New Age International Publishers, New Delhi, pp 203-211.
39. Tewari, A. K. and Tripathy, B. C. (1998) Quantitative estimation of coproporphyrin iii and protoporphyrin ix from their mixture by spectrofluorometry. J. Plant Biochem. Plant Biotech. 7: 43- 46.
40. Tewari A. K. and Tripathy B. C. (1998) Temperature-stress-induced impairment of chlorophyll biosynthetic reactions in cucumber (cucumis sativus L) and wheat (Triticum aestivum l). Plant Physiol. 117: 851-858.
41. Sood, S. and Tripathy, B. C. (1998) Etiolation response of wheat plants grown under red light. In Photosynthesis: Mechanisms and Effects IV (G. Garab ed.) Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dorderecht pp 3301-3304.
42. Tewari A. K. and Tripathy B. C. (1999) Acclimation of chlorophyll biosynthetic reactions to temperature stress in cucumber (Cucumis sativus L) Planta 208: 431-437.
43. Gupta, I. and Tripathy, B. C. (1999) Oxidative Stress in Cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) Seedlings Treated With Acifluorfen. Z. Naturforsch. 54C: 771-781.
44. Tripathy, B. C. and Singhal, G. S. (1999) Oxidative stress in photodynamic herbicidal action of 5-aminolevulinic acid. In Concepts in Photobiology Photosynthesis and Photomorphogenesis. (G. S. Singhal, G. Renger, S. K. Sopory, K-D Irrgang and Govindjee eds.) Narosa Publishing house, New Delhi, pp 668-688.
45. Manohara, M. S. and Tripathy, B. C. (2000) Regulation of protoporphyrin IX biosynthesis by intraplastidic compartmentalization and adenosine triphosphate. Planta 212: 52-59.
46. Gupta, I and Tripathy, B. C. (2000) Oxidative stress in cucumber (Cucumis sativus L) Seedlings treated with acifluorfen. Indian J. Biochem. Biophys. 37: 498-505.
47. Tripathy, B. C. (2001) Photosynthetic production of hydrogen from Chlamydomonas. bioproducts-bioenergy.gov/pdfs/ bcota/abstracts/24/z389.pdf
48. Pattanayak, GK and Tripathy, B. C. (2002) Catalytic Function of a Novel Protein Protochlorophyllide Oxidoreductase C of Arabidopsis thaliana. Biochem. 10 Biophys. Res. Commun. 291: 921-924.
49. Mohapatra A and Tripathy, B C (2002) Detection of protoporphyrin IX in envelope membranes of pea chloroplasts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 299: 751-754.
50. Mohapatra A and Tripathy, B C (2003) Developmental changes in sub-plastidic distribution of chlorophyll biosynthetic intermediates in Cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) J. Plant Physiol. 160: 9-15.
51. Sood, S., Tyagi, A. K. and Tripathy, B. C. (2004) Inhibition of Photosystem I and Photosystem II in wheat seedlings with their root-shoot transition zones exposed to red light. Photosynth. Res. 81: 31-40.
52. Tripathy B. C., Mohapatra, A. and Pattanayak G. K. (2004) Subplastidic distribution of chlorophyll biosynthetic intermediates and characterization of protochlorophyllide oxidoreductase C. in Agricultural applications in green chemistry (W M. Nelson ed, ACS ss 887.) American Chemical Society, Washington DC pp 117-128.
53. Pattanayak, G. K., Biswal, A. K., Reddy, V. S. and Tripathy, B. C. (2005) Light-dependent regulation of chlorophyll b biosynthesis in chlorophyllide a oxygenase (CAO) overexpressing tobacco plants. Biochem, Biophys. Res. Commun. 326: 466-471.
54. Stutte G. W., Monje, O., Goins, G. D. and Tripathy, BC (2005) Microgravity effects on thylakoid, single leaf and whole canopy photosynthesis of dwarf wheat. Planta 223: 46-56
55. Sood S., Gupta V. and Tripathy, B. C. (2005) Photoregulation of the greening process of wheat seedlings grown in red light. Plant Mol. Biol. 59: 269-287.
56. Mohanty S. and Tripathy BC (2005) Regulation of chlorophyll biosynthetic genes in response to temperature stress. In Photosynthesis: fundamental aspects to global prospectives Vol 2 (A. van der Est and D. Bruce Eds), International Society of Photosynthesis Research pp. 718-720.
57. Mohanty, S., Grimm B. and Tripathy, B.C. (2006) Light and Dark Modulation of Chlorophyll Biosynthetic Genes in Response to Temperature. Planta 224: 692– 699.
58. Bala, K, Tripathy, B.C. and Sharma, D. (2006) Neuroprotective and anti-ageing effects of curcumin in aged rat brain regions. Biogerontology 7: 81-89.
59. Tripathy, BC, Mohapatra A and Gupta, I (2007) Impairment of the photosynthetic apparatus by oxidative stress induced by photosensitization reaction of protoporphyrin IX. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1767: 860-868.
60. Mohapatra, A. and Tripathy, BC (2007) Differential distribution of chlorophyll biosynthetic intermediates in stroma, envelope and thylakoid membranes in Beta 11 vulgaris. Photosynth. Res. 94: 401-410.
61. Dutta, S., Mohanty, S. and Tripathy, B. C. (2009) Role of temperature stress on chloroplast biogenesis and protein import. Plant Physiol. 150: 1050-1061.
63. Tripathy B. C., Sherameti, I and Oelmuller, R (2010) Siroheme an essential component of life on earth. Plant Signaling and Behaviour. 5: 14-20.
64. Gupta V., Roy, A. and Tripathy B. C. (2010) Signaling events leading to red-lightinduced suppressions of photomorphogenesis in wheat (Triticum aestivum) Plant Cell Physiol. 51:1788-99.
66. Mohanty, S and Tripathy, BC (2010) Early and Late Plastid Development in Response to Chill-stress and Heat-stress in Wheat Seedlings. Protoplasma 248:725-736.
67. Leelavathi, S, Bhardwaj, A., Kumar, S., Dass, A, Pathak, R, Pandey, SS, Tripathy, BC, Padmalatha, KV, Dhandapani, G, Kanakachari, M, Ananda Kumar, P, Cella, R, Reddy, VS (2011) Genome-wide transcriptome and proteome analyses of tobacco psaA and psbA deletion mutants. Plant Mol Biol. 76: 407-423.
68. Pattanayak, G. K., Tripathy, BC (2011) Overexpression of protochlorophyllide oxidoreductase C regulates oxidative stress in Arabidopsis. Plos One (Publisehed online October, 2011).
69. Biswal AK, Pattanayak GK, Pandey SS, Leelavathi S, Reddy VS, Govindjee, Tripathy BC (2012). Light intensity-dependent modulation of chlorophyll b biosynthesis and photosynthesis by overexpression of chlorophyllide a oxygenase in tobacco. Plant Physiol. 159: 433-49.
70. Mishra R, Singh A, Chandra V, Negi MP, Tripathy BC, Prakash J, Gupta V (2012) A comparative analysis of serological parameters and oxidative stress in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatol Int. 32: 2377-82.
71. Dalal VK, Tripathy BC (2012). Modulation of chlorophyll biosynthesis by water stress in rice seedlings during chloroplast biogenesis. Plant Cell Environ. 35:1685-1703. 72. Tripathy BC, Oelmüller, R (2012) Reactive oxygen species generation and signaling in plants. Plant Signaling Behavior 7: 1621-1633.
73. Turan S, Tripathy BC (2013). Salt and genotype impact on antioxidative enzymes and lipid peroxidation in two rice cultivars during de-etiolation. Protoplasma 250: 209-222. 74. Roy A, Sahoo, DB, Tripathy BC (2013) Involvement of phytochrome A in suppression of photomorphogenesis in rice seedling grown in red light. Plant Cell Environ. 36: 2120-34.
75. Turan S, Tripathy BC (2014) Salt-stress induced modulation of chlorophyll 12
biosynthesis during de-etiolation of rice seedlings. Physiol. Plant. 153: 477-91. Aug 6. doi: 10.1111/ppl.12250. [Epub ahead of print]
76. Singh J, Pandey P, James D, Chandrasekhar K, Achary VM, Kaul T, Tripathy BC, Reddy MK. (2014) Enhancing C3 photosynthesis: an outlook on feasible interventions for crop improvement. Plant Biotech J 1217-30, DOI: 10.1111/pbi.12246
77. Ruhil K, Sheeba, Ahmad A, Iqbal M, Tripathy BC. (2014) Photosynthesis and growth responses of mustard (Brassica juncea L. cv Pusa Bold) plants to free air carbon dioxide enrichment (FACE). Protoplasma. 2014 Dec 4. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 25471475 78. Ambastha V, Tripathy BC, Tiwari BS. (2015) Programmed cell death in plants: A chloroplastic connection. Plant Signal Behav. 2015 Feb;10(2):e989752. doi: 10.4161/ 15592324. 2014.989752.
79. Roy A, Sahoo D, Tripathy BC (2015) Light-hormone interaction in the red-light-induced suppression of photomorphogenesis in rice seedlings. Protoplasma. Apr 24. [Epub ahead of print] BOOKS
Constantin A Rebeiz; Christoph Benning; Hans J Bohnert; Henry Daniell; J Kenneth Hoober; Hartmut K Lichtenthaler; Archie R Portis; Baishnab C Tripathy. The chloroplast: Basics and Applications. Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2010. ISBN No. 978-90-481-8530-6.
Julian J Eaton-Rye; Baishnab C Tripathy; Thomas D Sharkey. Photosynthesis: Plastid Biology, Energy Conversion and Carbon Assimilation. Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2012. ISBN 978-94-007-1578-3 ACADEMIC CONSULTANCY
Served as reviewer of several prestigious National and International journals. They are 1. Plant Cell
2. Plant Physiology
3. Plant Journal
4. Trends in Plant Science 13
5. Plant Cell and Environment
6. FMC Plant Biology
7. Analytical Biochemistry
8. Plant & Cell and Physiology
10. Plant Science
12. Pesticide Physiology and Biochemistry
13. Crop Science
14. J. Photobiology
15. Physiologia Plantarum
16. Photosynthesis Research
18. Journal of Experimental Botany
19. Journal of Plant Physiology
20. J. Bioscience
21. J Plant Biochemistry and Plant Biotechnology
22. J. Plant Biology
23. Indian J of Biochemistry and Biophysics
16. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants
17. Current Science
Reviewer of Research Grant Proposals submitted to National Science Foundation, USA.
Reviewer of Research Grant Proposals submitted to Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
Reviewer of Research Grant proposals submitted to DFG (German Science Foundation).
Referee for tenure application of Assistant Professor in Universities in USA.